| The Conrad Research Group |
- IceCube --
An experiment at the South Pole that uses the atmospheric neutrino flux to search for
- MicroBooNE --
A liquid argon-based detector running on the Fermilab Booster Neutrino
Beamline. We are completing this experiment and will be
transitioning over to DUNE in the next few years.
- IsoDAR --
A proposed cyclotron-based search for sterile neutrinos
Phenomenology, New Experiments, and Other Projects --
Fun studies by the group!
Our group in 2019! Back row: Janet Conrad, Len Bugel, Jarrett Moon,
Medani Sangroula, Daniel Winklehner, Lauren Yates, Polina Abratenko,
Spencer Axani, Carlos Arguelles; Front row: Alex Diaz, Marjon Moulai,
Loyd Waites, Joe Smolsky, Philip Weigel, Adrien Hourlier
At present, we are not planning to add a graduate student to
the group in Fall 2022.
- Alejandro Diaz -- IceCube
- Nicholas Kamp -- MicroBooNE
- Darcy Newmark -- CCM
- Joe Smolsky -- IsoDAR
- Loyd Waits -- IsoDAR
- Philip Weigel -- IceCube
- Lauren Yates -- MicroBooNE
- John Hardin -- IceCube
- Austin Schneider -- LAr Experiments
- Daniel Winklehner -- IsoDAR and DAEδALUS
- Retired high school teacher and mechanical engineer: Len Bugel--
primarily LAr R&D
- Accelerator physicist: Jose Alonso -- IsoDAR and DAEδALUS
Awards in past 5 years...
- Nick Kamp --NSF Graduate Fellow, 2020-2023
- Joe Smolsky --NSF Graduate Fellow, 2019-2022
- Ben Jones -- Tanaka Dissertation Award, 2017
- Gabriel Collin -- MIT Martin Deutch Award, 2016
- Gabriel Collin --
American Australian Association Fellow , 2016
- Marjon Moulai --NSF Graduate Fellow, 2015-2018
Left our group within the past few years:
- Carlos Arguelles -- Faculty at Harvard University
as of July, 2017. Collaborating with us on IceCube
- Taritree Wongjirad -- Faculty at Tufts University
as of July, 2017. Collaborating with us on MicroBooNE
- Marjon Moulai -- Graduated in April, 2021. Now a Balzan
Fellow at University of Wisconsin.
- Jarrett Moon -- Graduated in July, 2020. Now in medical
school at University of North Carolina.
- Spencer Axani -- Graduated in October, 2019. Now a postdoc in
the Winslow Group at MIT.
- Gabriel Collin -- Graduated in June, 2018. Now a Ramsay
Fellow at University of Adelaide.
This page was updated Sept. 2021.